Dessert lovers, rejoice! We have a delightful recipe that will blow your taste buds and make you forget all other desserts. It's a vegan chocolate and cherry trifle that is easy to make, and you can customize it your way. This dessert is a perfect combination of rich and creamy chocolate pudding, juicy cherries, fluffy whipped cream, and indulgent chocolate brownies (we used the recipe from our Heavenly Brownies). It's a perfect dessert for a special occasion or to indulge in a sweet treat.
Ingredients to make Pure Heavenly Chocolate & Cherry Trifle
- 1 can of Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 100g Sugar
- 40g Cornflour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 480ml Vegan Whipped Cream
- 150g of Fresh Cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 portion of Pure Heavenly Chocolate Brownies (use this recipe with plain silk Chocolate)
Step by Step:
In a medium saucepan, whisk together the coconut milk, sugar, cornflour, and cocoa powder until smooth.
Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and bubbles, about 10-15 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Transfer the pudding to a bowl and let it cool to room temperature.
Assemble the trifle by layering the chocolate pudding, whipped cream, cherries, and crushed chocolate brownies in to individual glasses. Continue layering until you've used up all of the ingredients, ending with a layer of whipped cream on top.
Cover the trifle with cling film and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. Sprinkle shavings of Pure Heavenly Dark Chocolate and a few additional cherries on top when serving.
- Make sure you use full-fat coconut milk for the pudding to ensure a creamy and rich texture.
- You can substitute the cherries with other types of fruit, such as raspberries or strawberries.