December 24, 2021
Vegan White Chocolate Cheesecake with Cranberries-in Wine
PREP TIME: 30-50 mins | COOK TIME: 30 mins TOTAL TIME: 1hour 20mins
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g ground pecan nuts
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp of unsalted plant butter
- For the cheesecake:
- 2 Pure Heavenly White Chocolate flavour bars
- 250ml plant double alternative to cream
- 250g soft vegan cream cheese, rom temperature
- 300g fresh cranberries
- 1.5 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange peeled in a long strip
- Mix the ground nuts, salt, sugar and melted plant butter. Pour the mixture into 20cm loose base cake tin prepared with some parchment paper. Press evenly with the bottom of the glass or spoon , use half mixture for the sides and half for the bottom, place in the fridge for 30min, add some ceramic baking beans on the top and bake in the 180C oven for about 12-15 min or until lightly brown. Let it cool, remove ceramic baking beans.
- While the crust cools, make the cheesecake. First melt 2 bars of Pure Heavenly White Chocolate flavour and set aside to cool to the room temperature. In one mixing bowl beat the plant double alternative until soft peaks and in another – beat the vegan cream cheese. Slowly fold in the vegan cream cheese into double alternative soft peaks and melted white chocolate flavour bars (make sure it’s cold to room temperature, as if it’s too warm, it will form clumps as soon as it hits the cold cream). Smooth on top of the cooled baked crust and flatten the top with the back of a spoon or a palette knife. Leave in the fridge to chill for 4 hours or even better, over night.
- Prepare the cranberries in red wine. Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan. Heat over medium fire until the wine begins to boil and the cranberries start to pop. Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for about 10 min - The majority of cranberries should have popped and the mixture will be a little thicker. The longer you cook the mixture the firmer the sauce will be when cooled.
- Remove the pot from the heat and cool to room temperature and then remove the cinnamon stick and orange zest. Place in a covered container and chill for several hours. The mixture will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Before serving the cheesecake, pour the cranberries-in wine sauce and enjoy.