- ½ cup coconut oil , solid at room temperature, similar to softened butter
- 1 egg 1 tablespoon flax meal whisked with 2½ tablespoons water, let stand for 5 minutes to gel before using
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup/ 160g Almond flour
- ½ cup (3 oz, 85g) hazelnut chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Flaky sea salt, to sprinkle on top, optional
- Beat together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chopped chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Use a cookie scoop to form cookies and place on a parchment-lined baking tray; press down slightly. Place in the refrigerator for an hour if you want thicker cookies, otherwise, you can bake right away.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Before baking, sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired or ice cookies with left over melted chocolate after baking. Bake for 10 minutes or just set.
- Can be stored for up to a week
Have you made this recipe? Or will you be giving it a go? If you do, we’d love to see how you get on! Please share a photo and tag us in @pureheavenlychocolate.