- 2 Cups of flour (or gluten free alternative)
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup coconut sugar
- 4 table spoons of apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of oat milk
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 85g pure heavenly chocolate
Preheat the oven to 175c/gas mark 3
- line a loaf or cake tin and set aside.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar, salt and baking powder until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients ( apple sauce, milk, vanilla extract) and mix until smooth.
- over a Ban-Marie melt 2 85g bars of pure heavenly chocolate, continually stirring until fully melted. Set aside to cool for around 3-4 mins.
- Separate the cake batter into two bowls adding the melted chocolate and cocoa powder to one and mix.
- Start spooning both mixtures into your baking tin to create a marble effect, using a knife to swirl.
- Bake for 30-35mins, or until a pick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool, or serve warm for a delicious afternoon treat!
Have you made this recipe? Or will you be giving it a go? If you do, we’d love to see how you get on! Please share a photo and tag us in @pureheavenlychocolate.
Photo credit- cake_not_salad