- 400 g gluten free self raising flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 100 g dairy free margarine
- 40 g xylitol
- 100 ml soy milk
- 1 medium free range egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 100 g fresh cherries, pitted and chopped
- 85 g Pure Heavenly Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and arrowroot powder into a mixing bowl then rub the margarine in with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the xylitol then add the cherries and chocolate.
- Whisk together the soy milk, egg and vanilla bean paste. Make a well in the centre of the dry mix then pour in 2/3rds of the milk mixture. Use a butter knife to bring the mix together into a soft dough, adding more liquid as needed.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour and tip out the dough. Pat down into a disc, around 3cm thick and use a 5cm cutter to cut out the scones, pressing the trimmings together until all the dough has been used.
- Transfer onto the baking tray and brush the tops with a little soy milk or any milk and egg mixture you have left. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and risen.
Have you made this recipe? Or will you be giving it a go? If you do, we’d love to see how you get on! Please share a photo and tag us in @pureheavenlychocolate.